[omniORB] Assertion failed in shutdown

Ivanov, Roumen Roumen.Ivanov@dresdner-bank.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:50:35 +0200

Thanks a lot Duncan!
Roumen

-----Original Message-----
From:	Duncan Grisby [SMTP:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com]
Sent:	Tuesday, March 27, 2001 18:35
To:	Ivanov, Roumen
Subject:	Re: [omniORB] Assertion failed in shutdown

On Tuesday 27 March, "Ivanov, Roumen" wrote:

> Yes, I have a CORBA::BOA_ptr as well and it has been initialized (even not
> used). Should I do something for the graceful shutdown of the BOA?

Aha. I can reproduce the assertion failure by initialising the BOA and
calling boa->impl_is_ready(), then calling orb->shutdown(). The
solution is to call boa->impl_shutdown() or boa->destroy() before the
call to orb->shutdown().

I'm not sure whether an assertion failure is the right thing in this
situation, or whether orb->shutdown() should also shutdown the BOA.
I'll think about it.