[omniORB] java client cannot resolve omni nameservice

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:19:13 +0100

On Saturday 24 March, Xiaowen Wang wrote:

> I tried to let the java client to resolve the echo object reference
> from the omni nameservice. However, it seems the orb always failed to
> resolve the NameService. The following the is client code:

This is actually a Java question -- it has very little to do with
omniORB.

[...]
> 	    prop.setProperty("ORBInitRef","NameService=corbaname:localhost:2809");

That should be corbaname::localhost:2809, with two colons after the
corbaloc.

What Java ORB are you using?  Does it support the Interoperable Naming
Service?  If not, it won't understand the corbaname URI anyway.