[omniORB] Cannot compile anyExample

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:57:42 +0100

On Friday 23 March, Gary Liu wrote:

> I try to compile anyExample, but I get the following errors:

[...]
> ../../../bin/sun4_sosV_5.6/omniidl -bcxx -Wba -C../../../stub  anyExample.idl
> omniidl: Fatal error in C++ backend

[...]
> What is "internal exception"? or Fatal error in C++ backend?
> Why can I compile simple example, but not anyExample?

I don't know why omniidl should be failing. Perhaps it didn't get
installed properly. Try doing "make export" in
src/lib/omniORB2/omniidl_be again to see if that finishes the install.

If that doesn't help, please try running omniidl with the extra
argument of -Wbdebug, added before -Wba. That will print out a full
stack-trace of the error, which will help track it down.