[omniORB] memory allocation in OmniORB 2.8

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:50:20 +0100

I have a rather detailed question:
Are there any threads within the omniorb core, or the generated stubs, that performs dynamic memory
allocation with malloc(), calloc() or realloc(), and expect it to survive the allocating thread?

Reason I'm asking is that my operating system model POSIX-threads into tasks/processes, and
therefore deallocates every bit of dynamic memory that isn't allocated with the global C++ operator
new.
(I've seen occurences of the "c-allocator" functions in the core, but I lack the knowledge of the
semantics/context to decide wheter the memory is ment to survive the allocating thread or not).

--
Haarek Ryeng
Senior Software Development Engineer

   Embedded Computers & Realtime Professionals
             www.datarespons.no