[omniORB] Does omniorb3 support LifeCycleService?

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:31:00 +0000

On Thursday 22 March, zdx_nari wrote:

>   Could you tell me omniorb3 supports life cycle service or not.

The Life Cycle service is a design pattern. It just gives you a set of
suggested interfaces to use to control the life cycles of your
objects.

The only bit which is hard to implement is the move() operation. There
can be no general-purpose mechanism to support that, but omniORB 2.x
had a proprietary extension which provided one mechanism which was
appropriate for me. Everything that that did can now be done with the
facilities of the POA, so it is no longer necessary.