[omniORB] omniORB under Solaris 2.7 & 2.7

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:47:16 +0000

On Wednesday 21 March, Barry Comer wrote:

> My company is looking into using omniORB on Solaris 2.7 & 2.8. Their
> WEB site only lists Solaris up to and including Solaris 2.6. Are there
> any known problems using omniORB on 2.7 and above?

There are no known problems running on 2.7 and above. We are
successfully running on both 2.7 and 2.8.

There _are_ known problems with Sun's CC 5.x compilers. If you are
using Sun's compilers, make sure you have all the latest patches,
otherwise you will see random crashes. The most up-to-date patches
work fine.