[omniORB] bugreport

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:41:42 +0000

On Tuesday 20 March, Bert Thomas wrote:

> See below. I'm trying to use the mico interface repository with omniorb,
> because I'm a CorbaScript user and omniifr appears to lack some features
> that CorbaScript requires.

Out of interest, what does omniifr lack?

> First I specified the interfacerepository with:
>
> -ORBInitRef
> InterfaceRepository=corbaloc::database:9990/DefaultRepository
>
> For some reason the ORB couldn't find the interface repository, so I
> tried again using stringified IOR. The results are below.

Does MICO support the interoperable naming service specification?  If
not, corbaloc URIs won't work. If it does support it, are you using
the correct port number and object key?

> P:\lisa\QueueSupport>cssh
> CorbaScript 1.3.4 (Mar 13 2001) for omniORB3 for C++
> Copyright 1996-2001 LIFL, France
> < OMG-IDL module omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the

[...]
>  file: ..\tcParser.cc
>  line: 1055
>  info: 0

This error shows that omniORB detected something dodgy in a struct
TypeCode. Can you give any more details about what CorbaScript is
doing when the error occurs?

Try running with arguments -ORBtraceLevel 25 -ORBtraceInvocations.
That might give more clue about what's happening.