[omniORB] MARSHAL exception

Leandro Fanzone leandro@hasar.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:56:14 -0300

Hello. I'm using omni with huge sequences of some complex structure (~56000
records) and have the MARSHAL exception raised. In the reference I read:

"A request or reply from the network is structurally invalid. This error
typically indicates a bug in either the client-side or server-side run time. For
example, if a reply from the server indicates that the message contains 1000
bytes, but the actual message is shorter or longer than 1000 bytes, the ORB
raises this exception. MARSHAL can also be caused by using the DII or DSI
incorrectly, for example, if the type of the actual parameters sent does not
agree with IDL signature of an operation."

I don't know if this is a bug. I can perfectly reproduce it in my system, but
it's kinda complex to give you a stand alone simple application to do it
yourself. Do you have any ideas on how to attack the problem?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Leandro Fanzone.