[omniORB] latest TAO compatible with 3.0.2 omniNames?

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:14:49 +0000

On Thursday 15 March, Fritz Stauffer wrote:

> I am using omniORB 3.0.2's naming service and trying to resolve
> the naming service with the latest TAO application (Feb 2001).  I started
> omniNames at port 3000, and I started the TAO application on
> the same computer with the ORBDefaultInitRef iioploc://localhost:3000
>
> The TAO app prints GIOP_Message_Base.cpp:279  message_type: wrong message.

Try running omniNames with a command line argument of -ORBtraceLevel
10 -ORBtraceInvocations. That will print details of what omniNames is
seeing and doing. Since TAO is using an obsolete draft of the
interoperable naming service, I'm not sure what the iioploc syntax is
meant to mean. Perhaps TAO is trying to send a GIOP 1.1 or 1.2 message
to omniORB. omniORB only supports GIOP 1.0 at the moment, so it would
respond with an error. The standard corbaloc syntax says that a URI
which does not specify a GIOP version must be treated as GIOP 1.0.