[omniORB] locking questions

Lars Immisch lars@ibp.de
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:02:10 +0100

Dear all,

I am trying to come up with a locking strategy for a servant that has
multiple threads in addition to the threads created by omniORB.

During the execution of the servant's methods, the servant needs to invoke
(potentially several) oneway methods on remote and/or local objects. My
life will be significantly easier if I can call remote oneways with locks
held.

But this would be a source of potential deadlocks if omniORB held any
mutexes while calling my code. My reading of the omniORB code indicates
that omniORB will hold no mutex when calling my code (unless I am using a
single threaded POA).

<nofill>
Is this correct?

Thanks again,