[omniORB] latest TAO compatible with 3.0.2 omniNames?

Fritz Stauffer fstauffe@cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:22:09 -0700

Hi Folks,

I am using omniORB 3.0.2's naming service and trying to resolve
the naming service with the latest TAO application (Feb 2001).  I started
omniNames at port 3000, and I started the TAO application on
the same computer with the ORBDefaultInitRef iioploc://localhost:3000

The TAO app prints GIOP_Message_Base.cpp:279  message_type: wrong message.

It did not work.  I repeated this with the TAO naming service and the Orbacus
naming service and it works.

Anybody have a similar experience?  Any ideas to get this to work?

TIA,
   Fritz Stauffer