[omniORB] CORBA Open-Source Testing

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:28:09 GMT

This may be of interest to readers of this list.

A project, known as the CORBA Open-Source Testing project, has just
started. This project has the blessing and support of the OMG and the
participation of the following ORB vendors:

 AT&T (omniORB)
 Borland (visibroker)
 Iona Technologies (orbix)
 Object Computing, Inc. (OCI) (TAO)
 Object Oriented Concepts (OOC) (Orbacus)

In phase I, we are to pool together all the internal testsuite and to
execise one's testsuite with the other ORB products. The next phase is to
unify the tests into one common framework. At some point along the
development the full testsuite will be released under LGPL.

I think this is a big step forward to eliminiate the interoperability
problem that has been a source of grief for so many CORBA users.

While I'm preparing the omniORB testsuite to be uploaded to OMG, I wonder
whether any of our users have built up an internal testsuite that they
might consider donating to COST. It will have to be released under LGPL.
If you have something to contribute, please email me.

Regards,

Sai-Lai