[omniORB] omniORBpy Naming Service interop problem with TAO

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:34:09 -0500

In Message <20010228211157.A31819@mediaone.net> ,
   Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@mediaone.net> wrote:

=>On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 02:32:59PM -0500, Gary D. Duzan wrote:
=>>    Am I missing something, or does this just mean that you need to
=>> "import _GlobalIDL"? If the location of the _GlobalIDL package is
=>> a problem, you can use the "-Wbpackage=x.y.z" omniidl option to set
=>> it to use "from x.y.z import _GlobalIDL" instead.
=>
=>Hi Gary,
=>
=>I think that was it.  I'm new to Python so importing _GlobalIDL slipped
=>me by.  Do you need to import a module in Python, even if you reference
=>an object in that module with a fully qualified name, ie.:
=>
=>dist = obj._narrow( _GlobalIDL.foo )

   Yes. The act of importing a module is what adds its name to your
current scope. You might want to skim through the online tutorial at
< http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html > to get a bit more
insight into the Python Way. It shouldn't take very long, and it is a
good introduction.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories