[omniORB] Securing a Name Service

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:58:01 +0100

On Friday 29 June, John D. Heintz wrote:

> I've found the docs for omniINSPOA and would like to know if I can:
> 1) use corbaloc: syntax to directly refer to objects created on this
> POA?  I think this is directly implied by the docs)

Yes. You also have to be careful to always use the same TCP port
number for your server, with the -ORBpoa_iiop_port command line
argument.

> 2) use children of omniINSPOA the same way?  (Do they have the same
> property regarding object keys?)  I may want to specify threading
> policies for example.

No. Data is needed in the object key to tell the ORB which POA an
object belongs to. There can be only one POA exempt from this, and
that's the INS POA.

> If I can just use corbaloc: I really don't even need a NameService do I?

Maybe not. It all depends how many objects you need to publish to the
outside world, and if you need the extra functions of the Naming
service like being able to list the contents.