[omniORB] Abort when narrowing the naming context

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:54:47 +0100

On Thursday 28 June, sandor.kopanyi@essnet.se wrote:

> I run this on a Red Hat Linux 7.1 with Python 1.5.2, omniORBpy
> ver. 1.4 (behaves like this with 1.3 too). The naming service
> is ORBacus for Java, ver. 4.0.5, with IBM JDK 1.3.
>
> The same stuff works fine on RedHat 6.2, same versions of
> Python and omniORBpy and ORBacus (on that we use Sun JDK 1.3).

Did you build omniORB and omniORBpy from source, or are you using our
binaries?  Our binaries were compiled on RedHat 6, so they quite
probably won't work on RedHat 7.

If you did compile omniORB, try running the program with command line
arguments -ORBtraceLevel 30 and see what it prints out before it dies.