[omniORB] omniORB4 forward decls

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:33:38 +0100

On Thursday 28 June, Lars Immisch wrote:

> I am testing omniORB4. I was delighted to get a warning when I used an
> anonymous sequence for a recursive structure, but when I fixed my idl, I
> got a traceback boiling down to: AttributeError: PythonVisitor has no
> attribute 'visitStructForward'.

PythonVisitor is part of the Python back-end. It should support the
forward declarations, and it works for me with your IDL.

The C++ back-end does not yet support them, and does die with an
AttributeError. It's on the list of things to do, of course. I've
added a note to the Wiki page about it.

> Are you interested in bug reports like this at this stage?

Yes, since it helps document things which aren't ready yet.