[omniORB] MS VC++ 6.0 : error C2487

Jonathan Maton jmaton@unf.edu
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:14:45 -0400 (EDT)

I am working on a project in Microsoft Visual C++ (Enterprise Edition)
6.0.

I made all the chnages mentioned in the readme.win32 file.  Once the
compiler hits the Corba stuff, however, I get man many C2487 errors
("member of dll iterface class may not be declared with dll interface").

The errors are coming from these files (in this order):
 * iop.h
 * omniinternal.h
 * giopdriver.h
 * corba.h

I check microsoft's help site about this error, and there is a bug with
visual c++ where "multiple static variable definitions" may cause this,
however the example that may cause it:
---
	class _declspec(dllexport) MyClass
	{
	   public:
	      static int i,j,k;
	}
---
(whose fix is to put each static variable on its own line) does not look
to be the problem with the omni sources.

So... I am at a loss to figure out what is wrong.  Has anyone come acros
this before?  I am using the omniORB 3.0.3 windows package.

Thanks.

/**
 * Jonathan Maton - jmaton@unf.edu
 * HUGE fan of Led Zeppelin, Jewel Kilcher, and Ford Mustangs
 * http://www.unf.edu/~jmaton
 */