[omniORB] IIOP communication via Firewall

Clement VISSEAUX clement.visseaux@sercel.fr
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:26:27 +0200

--------------8368D61400C988B0C2E6AA57

Is it possible to access  CORBA application, distributed over internet,
without modifying client firewall policy ?

are we near to implement CORBA firewall traversal  with OmniORB , ( with
the release 4.0 ? , later this year ?, on the never never ? )

To my opinion, this a major issue regarding the deployement of CORBA
application over internet .
 ( the only other solution to my knowledge , is HTTP tunnelling provided
by Visibroker )

I know that there is an OMG draft in progress on that topic
( OMG document orbos/2001-01-02 )

any clue ?

thanks

--------------8368D61400C988B0C2E6AA57

Is it possible to access&nbsp; CORBA application, distributed over internet,&nbsp;
without modifying client firewall policy ?
OmniORB , (&nbsp;with the release 4.0 ? , later this year ?, on the never
never ? )</u>
application over internet .
provided by Visibroker )
orbos/2001-01-02 )