[omniORB] omniORB.importIDL causes overwriting of classes

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:43:09 +0100

On Friday 15 June, Joshua Reynolds wrote:

> Just came upon some unexpected behaviour when using omniORB.importIDL to
> dynamically compile and import idl in our Python based environment.

I've checked in two solutions to your problem. First, importIDL() now
has an argument "inline", which defaults to 1. If you set it to 0, the
-Wbinline flag is not used:

  omniORB.importIDL("foo.idl", inline=0)

Second, the generated code which caused the problem, calling an objref
class' base constructors, was not actually necessary. I've removed it,
so even if you don't use inline=0, the imported IDL will work. It will
just waste some memory storing more than one identical class
definition.

The fix is in CVS. It won't find its way into the bugfixes patch for
omniORBpy 1.3 since some CVS tagging has already been done ready for
the 1.4 release.