[omniORB] Object activation...

Andrew Weaver Andrew.Weaver@tecnomen.fi
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:11:21 +0300

Moi, this is a bit worrying....

"...
Calling _this() will cause implicit activation in the root POA, IIRC. In
fact this would explain the behaviour of it, the object activation should
happen before _this() is called.
..."

In my specific case, I wanted to host several interfaces in the same process
space and I want to open for business when _I_ was ready. I thought I could
control that through the poa manager activate calls.

If I only use persistent refs, I assume that the objects wont become
available to the outside world until I activate the poa. For dynamic refs,
it seems I am at the mercy of the orb.

Are there any other "implicit" things we need to know about?

Kind Regards

Andy Weaver