[omniORB] IDL Case

Stephen P. White swhite@fnal.gov
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:25:42 -0500

--------------DAC6EA215B072DEB933B0E6C

Thank you Craig,  I sure missed that one.

Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 11:58:48AM -0500, Stephen P. White wrote:
> > I have old IDL code which was written with Fnorb.   We would like to
> > convert to omniORBpy but have a case issue.  Under Fnorb the IDL shown
> > below was legal.
> >
> > module m {
> >  interface M {
> >  };
> >  };
> >
> > Now under 2.3 spec this will not be allowed - and omniidl correctly
> > catches it.   Does omniidl have any switch which will allow it to
> > accept  the above idl?
> >
> > I suspect we will have to bite the bullet and convert all the IDL, but
> > ya know ya gotta ask.  :-)
> >

> To get a list of all the command-line flags to omniidl, type:
>  omniidl -u
>
> You will see a flag:
>   -nc             Do not treat identifiers differing only in case as an error
>
> --
> Craig Rodrigues
> http://www.gis.net/~craigr
> rodrigc@mediaone.net

--------------DAC6EA215B072DEB933B0E6C

begin:vcard
n:White;Stephen
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:-----Mark Twain (1835-1910)
version:2.1
email;internet:swhite@fnal.gov
title:There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
adr;quoted-printable:;;=0D=0A;;;;
x-mozilla-cpt:;-5632
fn:White, Stephen
end:vcard