[omniORB] (Newbie Question) Why can't I run eg3?

lou_liz@iafrica.com lou_liz@iafrica.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 07:27:18 +0000 (GMT)

G'Day,

I deliberately trashed my omniORB installation, including any all registry
entries (I have Win 2000).

Then I reinstalled the whole thing, recompiled the source code with MS VC++
5.0, by the book.

Now my CORBA apps don't work any more.  The examples eg1 and eg2 run fine, but
eg3_clt / eg3_impl / eg3_tieimpl doesn't.

A trace revealed that an exception is thrown in the call to
obj = orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");

(But the call to
obj = orb->resolve_initial_references("RootPOA");
right at the beginning of the program succeeds.)

omninames is running at the default port, just like before.

eg3_clt and eg3_impl simply outputs "Caught CORBA::SystemException."
eg3_tieimpl give the following:

omniORB: ERROR -- A servant has been deleted that is still activated.
      id: root<0>
Caught CORBA::SystemException.

Did I overlook something, or what?

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Lourens Janse van Rensburg
Systems Engineer
Vizier Systems
South
Africa

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/