[omniORB] Java 1.3 to omniORB

Michael J. Donahue mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:58:49 -0500

I've looked back at the archives, and need a little clarification about the
Inter-Operable Naming Service (INS) problems that the Java 1.3 JDK has.

First, I have the Sun bug report ID# 4351366, that states INS is not supported
in 1.3 .  Also, I talked to an IBM tech, and he indicated that IBM's Java 1.3
JDK does not support INS either.  Second, I know at least one person recommended
JacORB as a replacement ORB for the one in the Java 1.3 JDK.

What I'm wondering is:  Does anyone have a real good feeling about JacORB
working, and does it support INS, or are there any other Java ORB options out
there that support INS between Java 1.3 and omniORB? (preferably free ones)

TIA,

- Mike