[omniORB] omniORB's ORB::init(..) method.

Ben Miller Ben.Miller@Mercia.Com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:55:46 +0100

I've got the latest release (3.0.3) and it all seems to work as you
originally suggested.  This means that the two argument version of the
ORB_init works fine, as does the three-parameter version setting the
third parameter to an empty string ("").  If you set it to 0 it
doesn't work which is, I believe, correct.

Thanks,
Ben.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: 7 June 2001 17:15
To: Ben Miller
Cc: 'omniorb'
Subject: Re: [omniORB] omniORB's ORB::init(..) method.

On Thursday 7 June, Ben Miller wrote:

> Also, according to Henning & Vinoski (Client-Side C++ Mapping 7.8:
ORB
> Initialization) the third parameter to ORB_init should default to
the
> empty string.  If this is part of the mapping spec omniORB3 doesn't
> comply as it won't compile
>
> CORBA::ORB orb = CORBA::ORB_init(argc, argv);

This was added between 3.0.0 and 3.0.1.

I've just discovered that there's an extremely stupid bug which
prevents using 0 as the ORB identifier (in conjunction with -ORBid on
the command line). The fix is in CVS. The empty string and the default
work fine with the 3.0.3 release.

Mercia Software Ltd.
Mercia House
Ashted Lock