[omniORB] Abort when doing a _narrow in omniORB3

Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:36:21 +0100

On Thursday 7 June, Zed Shaw wrote:

> I'm currently converting an application from MICO to omniORB (and possibly
> others).  This application works fine in MICO, but in omniORB, I can't do
> _narrow calls.  Everytime I do it, I get the following:
>
> omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application using
> omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself. e.g. using the ORB after it has
> been shut down.
>  file: ../omniInternal.cc
>  line: 638
>  info: pof

That assertion failure means that when omniORB tried to create an
object reference of the required type, the proxy object factory, which
should be defined in the stubs, was not found. Unless you have
corrupted some memory, that should never happen.

> So, any ideas what's going on here?  I'm running the latest omniORB
> 3 (3.0.3) and I'm using Linux (Mandrake 7.2) on an x86 platform
> (AMD).

Do the omniORB echo examples work for you?  Perhaps there is just
something broken about your set-up.