[omniORB] omniidl on NT

Bruce Fountain B_Fountain@motherwell.com.au
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:40:24 +0800

Hi guys,

I can go to the src/examples/echo directory and run:

   ../../../bin/omniidl.exe -bcxx echo.idl

and it works fine. But when I copy bin/*.exe and bin/*.dll
into our project bin directory and then try to compile echo.idl
from the project copy of omniidl I get the following error:

   'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
   Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
   Traceback (innermost last):
     File "<string>", line 1, in ?
   ImportError: No module named os

Obviously there is some other dependency that I am not seeing.
The reason I am copying files into a new location is that we
are developing on dozens of machines and I don't want a complete
copy of the omniORB distribution everywhere.

Any suggestions? The above error seems rather obtuse to me, but
that could be because it is 10:30pm here...

Bruce Fountain
Mi Consulting Group (Australia) Pty Ltd
Direct Line:  +61 (0)8 9368 8607
Switchboard:  +61 (0)8 9368 8600