[omniORB] dynamic code for <unsigned long long>

henning.schmidt@philips.com henning.schmidt@philips.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:49:55 -0500

Hi,

a couple of weeks ago I modified omniORB's CORBA_sysdep.h to enable IDL=
 type <unsigned long long> for SGI's MIPSPro compilers.
That worked fine and I got what I needed. (We discussed this on this li=
st at the time)

Now I started to use dynamic CORBA and find that omniidl does not want =
to generate dynamic code for my <long long> and <unsigned long long> ID=
L types.=20
Here's the exacpt command line and the error message:
% omniidl -bxx -Wbh=3D.hh -Wbs=3D.cc -Wba -Wbkeep_inc_path -C./ -I/vob/=
fip/libs/include DeviceIF.idl
   omniidl: Fatal error in C++ backend
   omniidl:
   omniidl: Long long type is not supported with -Wba in this release

Note: the message is the same for <long long> and <unsigned long long> =
IDL types.

No I wonder if this is a general handicap of omniidl or if it has somet=
hing to do with the way I extended it's capabilities for the SGI-compil=
er. In other words: Is dynamic <long long> not supported by omniidl at =
all or just not for SGI compilers?=20
What can I do to enable it?

Thanks,
;Henning

THOMSON multimedia Broadcast Solutions=20
H. Henning Schmidt / Digital Film Applications
1000 W. Maude Ave, Sunnyvale, CA, 94085, USA
phone:    +1 (408) 617-5751  Fax: -7713
email:    henning.schmidt@philips.com

=