[omniORB] omniORBpy newbe question re:omniidl

Carlson, Jeffrey F jeffrey_f_carlson@cambridge.pfizer.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:03:03 -0400

I have a problem right out of the gate with omniORBpy in compiling and
running the echo sample.

Here is my config:
Windows2000
ActiveState Python 2.1 build 211
omniORBPy 1.4 for Python 2.1

I added the two necessary directories to the PYTHONPATH and I have added the
bin directory to the PATH.

When I execute the idl compiler like so:
[c:\omni\examples\echo] omniidl -bpython echo.idl

I get this:
omnicpp -lang-c++ -undef -D__OMNIIDL__=0x2301 -D__OMNIIDL_PYTHON__
echo.idl:1: Syntax error in definition
omnicpp -lang-c++ -undef -D__OMNIIDL__=0x2301 -D__OMNIIDL_PYTHON__
echo.idl:2: Syntax error in definition
echo.idl:2: Syntax error in definition
omniidl: 3 errors.

This being an example that comes with the product, I figured this must be a
configuration error or something, but I am at a loss as to what it might be.
I have browsed the archives and I have read all of the docs I can find, yet
I can see no hints.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff Carlson