[omniORB] Problems with omniORB and Borland

Jens Stål Hansen Jens@Cue.dk
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:44:33 +0200

>>Any pointers -- do I need to #define / #undef something ?
>
>If your project does not use VCL (or its substantial CORBA-related part
does not and can be separated into a DLL -- as we do here), also define
"_NO_VCL" in the .bpr project
>file and link against "cw32mti.lib" instead of VCL version "cp32mti.lib"
(can be edited manually in the same .bpr file, see tag <ALLLIB>; then also
exclude "sysinit.obj" from
><ALLOBJ> tag).
>
>If you have to have both VCL and omniORB-based stuff in the same binary,
here I attach the two (as I have found so far, maybe some other require
modifications also -- then
>inform me, please) headers from the "<BCB>/include/VCL" directory :
"syscurr.h" and "sysvari.h". Both are heavily COM-related (Currency and
Variant types). In each, several
>lines, declaring binary operators with "int" on the left and
"Currency/Variant" on the right, are commented with "#ifndef
VCL_binary_operators_bug". Replace the standard
>headers with modified ones, and "VCL_binary_operators_bug" to your
project's defines, and -- though I am no VCL fan, I use it now and then --
everythings seems to work. By
>the way every commented VCL binary operator for "int" has its "double"
cousin, which can substitute them, if not with the same efficiency.

Yes, we do use VCL and omniORB stuff in the same binary.

Your new VCL h-files did the trick :) No errors and the client runs now :)
Thanks to you we ported both the server and client to omniORB3 in less than
2 days -- you know your stuff !

>I do not really know if it is a compiler bug or some error in the standard
VCL headers or what.

Me neither -- but hey it works ;)

>Thanks for pointing this out, as I have found this bug only once and forgot
to describe it on my page.

U R welcome !

>Best regards,
>Mikhail

BTW: Have you tried Borland C++ with the nightly snapshots of omniORB4 ? We
are thinking about changing some of our code (wstring / GIOP 1.2) and using
SSL/IIOP for communication.

Thanks a lot again for your help Mikhail !

Best regards,

 Jens