[omniORB] Problems with omniORB and Borland

Jens Stål Hansen Jens@Cue.dk
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:04:23 +0200

Hi.

We are having problems with omniORB and Borland C++ Builder 5.

We have defined __x86__ and pointed our lib path to lib\x86_bcc32, but we
get the following error:
  [Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'OMNIDYNAMIC3_RTD.LIB'

 which doesn't seem to be in the archive.

We are working with POA and need to dynamic link with omniORB. We are also
going to use omniNames.

Our servants basically looks like this:
#include "scintLangServer.h"
scintLangImpl::scintLangImpl(const char *object_name):
        POA_dk::cue::scmodLang::scintLang(),
        PortableServer::RefCountServantBase()
{
}

Our test example (running on Linux) worked without problems, but we need a
Borland Windows port.

Any pointer would be great or an archive of bin/, lib/ and include/ compiled
and working with Borland.

Architecture: x86
Operating Systems: Windows NT4 SP6a and 2000 SP2
Compilers: Borland C++Builder 5 with Update Pack 1
omniORB version: omniORB-3.0.4 and the omniORB-3.0.3 files from Dr.Mikhail
Soukhanov's site

Best regards

Jens Stål Hansen

Cue Consult A/S