[omniORB] omniOrb4 - codeset intialisation exception?

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:49:42 +0100

On Friday 20 July, "Mac" wrote:

> I am using omniOrb4 ( build omniORB-20010714 ) in a win NT4.0/vs6.0
> environment and am having a problem initializing the omniOrb4 due to
> what appears to be some uninitialised codeset variables.

[...]
> I have included the omniCodeSets4d.lib in the project but i still must
> be missing something??. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I suspect that the problem is that the current code makes invalid
assumptions about the order that static initialisers run. Does it work
if you don't link with the omniCodeSets library?

Fixing the static initialisers is on my list of things to do.