[omniORB] Grief building OmniORB with Mandrake 8

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:58:06 +0100

On Sunday 15 July, Cay Horstmann wrote:

> I can't seem to build OmniORB on Mandrake 8. Here is what I do:

[...]
> When I run with -ORBtraceLevel 25, I get a message
> omniORB: throw NO_RESOURCES from initRefs.cc:572
> omniORB: Ref to: root<0> -- deleted

This means you haven't told omniORB where to find the Naming service.
You must create an omniORB.cfg file or use the -ORBInitRef command
line argument. See section 1.2 of the omniORB manual.

You should also make sure you are using the most up-to-date versions
of the gcc 2.96 compiler and libstdc++. Early versions have bugs which
cause random omniORB crashes.