[omniORB] Grief building OmniORB with Mandrake 8

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@protana.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:53:53 +0200

Hi Cay,

 I am running omniORB304 and occationally omniORB4 on my fairly plain
vanilla Mandrake 8.0 box both compiled with the default Mandrake gcc2.96
without any problems. I just compiled and ran the eg3 examples without
any problems. The only explaination to your problem, i can think of, is,
that you have not provided the orb with an initial reference to a
NameService.

You will find the nameservice in; omni/bin/i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1 under
the
name omniNames. Start the name service and try to start the example
again
with a command line option like;

 -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::hostname:port/NameService

where hostname is the ipaddress/hostname of the machine running the name
service and port is the port number, you started the name service on.

You might also want to check out the documentation for omniORB, it is
available
on the website.

Your sincerely,

Bjorn R. Jensen