[omniORB] Exception not catched

Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:06:58 +0200

Thanks for the answer.

The omniORB on that computer have been installed from a deb package found
on http://packages.debian.org/. We did not compile it locally.

The compiler on this computer gives "2.95.2" for both gcc --version, g++
--version and cpp --version.

I personally downloaded the tar.gz package from omniORB's site, and copied
the binaries from that tree to the relevant places. When I start the
omniNames manually it writes the following:

omniNames: Symbol `__vt_3ios' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
omniNames: Symbol `__vt_7istream.3ios' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
omniNames: Symbol `__vt_8ofstream.3ios' has different size in shared
object, consider re-linking
omniNames: Symbol `__vt_7ostream.3ios' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
omniNames: Symbol `__vt_8ifstream.3ios' has different size in shared
object, consider re-linking

I did not bother with it up to I received your letter, but now I would like
to ask: do you think I should do 'make veryclean' and 'make export' to
remedy it?

BTW: we try to run this test program on my computer, I'll write you if we
get that error again.

Attila Pletyak
Anemo Ltd.
Hungary
mailto:attila.pletyak@anemo.com
http://www.anemo.com/

                    Duncan Grisby
                    <dgrisby@uk.research.att.com        To:     Attila Pletyak <attila.pletyak@anemo.com>
                    >                                   cc:     omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
                    Sent by:                            Subject:     Re: [omniORB] Exception not catched
                    owner-omniorb-list@uk.resear
                    ch.att.com

                    07/11/01 12:33 PM

On Monday 9 July, Attila Pletyak wrote:

>    On every object creation we check whether or not we have an object
> registered on the nameserver with the same name. At the moment we do it
> with the resolve() method of the CosNaming, and try to catch the
> NamingContext:NotFound exception. For making sure every exception is
> catched, we catch the ... as well.
>
>    The problem is coming up when this creation process is working too
> fast: Even tough we try to catch everything, from time to time we get
> the following:
>
> omniORB: WARNING -- method 'Run' on: boa<0x3b497109b8fb021000010473>
> raised the exception: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0
> omniORB: An exception has occured and was caught by tcpSocketMT Worker
> thread.

This sounds like a compiler problem, especially since putting a delay
in fixes it. What compiler are you using?  Did you compile omniORB
with it?  It might be that the compiler was not configured with
--enable-threads.