[omniORB] Server application ignores request (was Java and om niORB)

Carsten Kraus carsten.kraus@linmor.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:22:56 -0400

> > After moving the server application from a Red Hat 6.2 to a
> Slackware Linux
> > machine, things improved quite a bit (still using the Java
> ORB on a Win 98
> > box). The client applet resolved the name service and
> obtained a reference
> > to a 'Dispenser' object of the server application. However,
> calling the
> > 'logInNME' operation of this object didn't show any
> reaction, not even an
> > exception. Below is the last part of the server's output,
> when started with
> > ORBtraceLevel 30 (tell me if you need to see the whole
> thing). I am not too
> > sure why the server seems to ignore the 'logInNME' request.
> Maybe someone
> > can give me a hint how to tackle this problem?
>
> Strange. Try running with -ORBtraceInvocations as well as
> -ORBtraceLevel 30. That will print out if omniORB thinks it is
> dispatching the operation.

That helped tracking down the problem. It was basically the same thing as
Ross reported in his previous message: 'servant freezes when method involves
cout'.

Thanks to Duncan and Ross.

Cheers,
  Carsten