[omniORB] Exception not catched

Attila Pletyak attila.pletyak@anemo.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:36:14 +0200

Hello,

   We are implementing a small test program on Debian Linux 2.2, omniORB
3.03, C++. The test program uses the NameServer quite much.

   On every object creation we check whether or not we have an object
registered on the nameserver with the same name. At the moment we do it
with the resolve() method of the CosNaming, and try to catch the
NamingContext:NotFound exception. For making sure every exception is
catched, we catch the ... as well.

   The problem is coming up when this creation process is working too
fast: Even tough we try to catch everything, from time to time we get
the following:

omniORB: WARNING -- method 'Run' on: boa<0x3b497109b8fb021000010473>
raised the exception: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0
omniORB: An exception has occured and was caught by tcpSocketMT Worker
thread.

   As we do not really understand this, we post it here and would like
to get any help.

   Sincerely,

   Attila Pletyak
   Anemo Ltd.