[omniORB] Interoperable Naming Service

Fri, 06 Jul 2001 16:26:23 +0100

On Friday 6 July, Schuetz Andreas wrote:

> According to the "Interoperable Naming Service" chapter of the current
> omniORB documentation I can use a corbaloc URI to specify a (comma
> separated) list of object references to define multiple locations for a
> certain object. Can I use this mechanism to specify e.g. multiple
> NameServices (e.g. regular and backup) through the -ORBInitRef option? Does
> resolve_inital_references("NameService") then go through the list until it
> finds an operable NS (unless end of list)?

You can use a corbaloc to specify multiple host/port pairs, for use in
a single object reference. This is different from multiple separate
object references. At the moment, this facility doesn't do you much
good, since omniORB 3 only ever looks at the first address in an
object reference.  omniORB 4 will try them in turn.