[omniORB] ORB Compliance

Rajshekhar Kishtaiah Chintapalli rajshekhar.chintapalli@wipro.com
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:54:25 +0530

Hi ,

This is a general question relating to ORB's.

1) What is the  guarantee that  the Orb's from two different vendors will
always interact?

2) Is there any body,  which , before any ORB comes into the market ,
tests and certifies that the given ORB is compliant with some COBRA x.x
specification,
or is that we have to trust what the ORB provider claims what his ORB is
capable off.
What I know is that OMG gives out only the specifications.
But does it also test for the compliance or is there any other independent
body for that. If not than who verifies the Compliance..

Thanks and Regards
Raj