[omniORB] Synchronization scope

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 11:53:08 +0100

On Tuesday 3 July, "Kevin Ruffin" wrote:

> I need to set a policy for oneway call Synchronization Scope
> "sync_with_transport". This should guarantee the client does not block on
> oneway calls. There is no default setting for oneway call behavior, so a
> Synchronization Scope policy must be implimented to handle it.  However, I
> can't find any information on how to code this for OmniOrb.  If anyone has
> done this with OmniOrb, could you provide me with a coding example or point
> to a location where I can find this info. I'm using OmniOrb version 2.8.0.

That is part of the CORBA messaging specification. omniORB does not
support it. Having said that, omniORB's behaviour with oneways is the
same as sync_with_transport.

Anyway, sync_with_transport does not guarantee that the client won't
block, since the call may block in the transport, waiting for
transmission resources.