[omniORB] marshal exceptions in omniORBpy

Timothy Docker timd@macquarie.com.au
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:13:02 +1100 (EST)

I have been confused by the fact that omniORB py throws exceptions
like

	omniORB.CORBA.MARSHAL: Minor: 0, Completed: COMPLETED_NO.

when unmarshalling values from the wire that it doesn't understand (in
this case an incorrectly initialised enum sent from the wrong server).

I was looking for problems with my input parameters to the call, not
the responses because I thought that COMPLETED_NO meant that the
servant operation hadn't been invoked.

Given that I know the remote operation has completed, shouldn't the
status be COMPLETED_YES or perhaps COMPLETED_MAYBE?

Thanks,

Tim