[omniORB] packaging omniorb

Pinchak Stanley spinchak@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:20:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi my name is Stanley Pinchak and I would like to
create a debian package of omniorb 3.0.2.  There is an
older debian package of 2.8.0, which I have been using
as an example to create my new package. However since
the idl compiler change and other changes between the
2.8 and 3.0 branches, many of the libraries have
changed, disappeared, or been newly created.  The
format of the old package split omniorb into 3 parts,
a document package (containing the examples and user
guide) , a development package (containing the
headers, .a libraries, and the old omniidl2 and its
man page) and  and a runtime/binary package
(containing the utilities and binaries except
omniidl2, and the runtime libraries and their man
pages).
     If you can help me out with the new library names
or are interested in helping me package this, I would
appreciate it.  I am mainly interested in which
libraries are necessary to run an application which
has been linked to omniorb.  Any ponters to other unix
or linux packages of omniorb would be helpful.  The
contents of the older debian packages is listed below.
Thank you for your time.

Stanley Pinchak
spinchak@yahoo.com

DOCUMENT PACKAGE
examples from the examples directory, repackaged to be
     built with the development package
user documents from the doc directory
copyright

DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE
binaries
     omniidl2
libraries
     all of the .a libraries
header files
     all of the header files from the include
directory
manpages
     omniidl manpage
misc documents