[omniORB] OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
23 Jan 2001 10:49:53 +0000

> What will happen if the name or address given is not a real address of the
> host?

If the ORB is given a host name, it will just use it even if it is not the
real address of the host. By use I mean every object reference it is giving
out will have that host name in it instead of the real host name.

> Another one: Can -ORBpoa_iiop_name_port be used to give one host name or
> address and multiple ports? Will they all add up?

The option can be given multiple times, the ORB will insert multiple
addresses into the object reference it gives out.  HOWEVER, there is no
guarentee that the client side ORB will diligently try all the addresses in
turn.

omniORB 4 currently under development will have a better support for
multiple addresses and firewall navigation.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com