[omniORB] CORBA::COMM_FAILURE

Michael Keay MKeay@SeeBeyond.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:02:33 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C084C7.67555DA0

We have been working on a project, to connect to a thirdparty system. We are
getting a COMM_FAILURE exception when trying to invoke a method on an object
reference. But we do have a valid object reference. Yet, when we use the
supplied, sample client, everything works fine. Does, anyone have any idea
why we would experience such an exception?

I have read the manual that comes with omni orb and it suggests to keep
retrying, but this does not explain what is happening, each and everytime.

Server on Solaris, client on NT, using omniorb 3.0.1

Mikey

------_=_NextPart_001_01C084C7.67555DA0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>CORBA::COMM_FAILURE</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We have been working on a project, to =
connect to a thirdparty system. We are getting a COMM_FAILURE exception =
when trying to invoke a method on an object reference. But we do have a =
valid object reference. Yet, when we use the supplied, sample client, =
everything works fine. Does, anyone have any idea why we would =
experience such an exception?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have read the manual that comes with =
omni orb and it suggests to keep retrying, but this does not explain =
what is happening, each and everytime.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Server on Solaris, client on NT, using =
omniorb 3.0.1</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Mikey</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C084C7.67555DA0--