[omniORB] COMM_FAILURE Error On Usable Remote Object In omniORBpy

jiwils - Jimmy Wilson jiwils@acxiom.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:26:29 -0600

I have a servant written with Iona's implementation.  It has a configurable
thread pool, and it should be noted that increasing or decreasing the thread
pool doesn't seem to change what happens (described below).

I have a simple test script written in Python/omniORBpy that tries to make
one remote procedure call.  If I then use the "start <python file>" syntax
in NT to simultaneously run that script 10 times from a batch file, between
7-8 of the new processes work fine.  Between two and three report a
COM_FAILURE.  Does anyone know what might be happening in this scenario?

I have tried to set the scan granularity to 30 seconds and to 0, but that
did not seem to have an effect either.

Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

Jimmy
--