[omniORB] Can't connect to server when launched from Linux?!?

John D. Heintz jheintz@isogen.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:57:15 -0600

The NameService is connection is always working fine on the server side.
This launch.py script is our server script and has always correctly
accessed the NameServer and bound an object reference to a name.

To further remove dependencies on any NameService issues we also just
ran a test where we transferred the string IOR to the client and never
used a NameServer.

We got the same failure on the client.py script when running remotely to
a linux server.

Thanks for the help though,
John

Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 04:24:57PM -0600, John D. Heintz wrote:
>
>> Hello,every one:
>>
>> Our system setup is pretty simple and common.
>>
>> We are launching an "omniNames -logdir <somewhere>" and our Python
>> server script with
>> "python launch.py -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::localhost".
>

> How about trying:
>
> launch.py -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc:iiop:[hostname]:[port]/NameService
>
> Where [hostname] and [port] are substituted by the host and port
> that your NameService is running on?

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m