[omniORB] new omniidl features

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:40:24 -0500

I'd like to propose a new feature for omniidl. With the
modular backend design, wouldn't it be possible to provide
another backend that separates output in the client/server
parts (aka proxy/skeleton) ?

While I usually need both parts in all processes, I start
to see applications where it is clear upfront that one
process always acts as a server, and the other only as the
client w.r.t. specific interfaces. Having separate source
files for proxy/skeleton code may be convenient. Of course,
if I compile the generated code into a shared library, it
doesn't count much, but if all I need is a single interface,
I may want to link the generated/compiled code into the
respective executables.

Best regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique