[omniORB] Need help on omniOrb3.02 installation.

Harry Tang qbxncdy@snt.BellSouth.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:37:49 -0500

--------------3BC972050BD73DB2DDF1F675

Thanks for your reply, you are quite right, the problem we have here is we
did not use the proper GNU make  program.  As when I did get the proper GNU
make, it can not finish the compile because of gcc2.8.1, I am trying to
install 2.95.2 and see if it can compile successfully with omniORB 3.0.2
Thanks

Harry
Duncan Grisby wrote:

> On Sunday 14 January, Harry Tang wrote:
>
> > I tried to install omniORB 3.02 on unix system SUNOS5.6(which is solaris
> > 2.6), and I plan to use gcc(2.8.1) as my C++ compiler.  The tar file I
> > download from att site is source code(not a binary distribution).
>
> I don't think omniORB will work with gcc 2.8.1. You should use gcc
> 2.95.2.
>
> > 'make export' had fatal failure, don't know how to make target export.
> > In my src directory I do have GNUmake file, which is a very short file.
> > Can someone tell me how to 'make export' successfully?
>
> Are you _sure_ you are using GNU make?  What happens if you do
> "make -v"?  If it doesn't claim to be GNU make, then that's the
> problem. Maybe you need to use "gnumake" rather than just "make".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.
>
> --
>  -- Duncan Grisby  \  Research Engineer  --
>   -- AT&T Laboratories Cambridge          --
>    -- http://www.uk.research.att.com/~dpg1 --

--------------3BC972050BD73DB2DDF1F675

begin:vcard
n:Tang;Harry
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Bellsouth;Science and Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:harry.tang@snt.bellsouth.com
note;quoted-printable:(O)404-9274090=0D=0A(H)770-4512661=0D=0A(P)404-6722977
x-mozilla-cpt:;-25096
fn:Harry Tang
end:vcard

--------------3BC972050BD73DB2DDF1F675--