[omniORB] omniNames programs

GAO,YAN (HP-Singapore,ex3) yan_gao@hp.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:43:20 +0800

Hi,

  Recently I have launched the Naming Service ($ omniNames -start 12345).
But I  found that if I
 launch a second instance of Naming Service. ( I accidently restart the
omniName even it was started before)  this will generate a core dump.
Is this a designed behavior?

 My first observation is whenever two instaces of omniNames are called, a
core dump will be g
enerated if any subsequent omniNames are called.

My second observation made is when I attempt to bind an object to the naming
service (eg. test->
bind(objectName,objref), and if the CORBA::Object_ptr objref is not pointing
to any particular
object, this will cause omniNames to be hanging  upon launching my server
implementation. The omniName
s will fail to respond to subsequent calls directed to the Naming Services.

My implementations are done under HP-UX and I am using the omniORB3.02 .
Does anybody else have
similar experiences?? Please help me shed some light in regarding this
issue. Thanks