[omniORB] corbaloc

Peter Rapier prapier@coactive.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:58:57 -0800

Hi,
Its the server side I need to work with.  I have omniOrb2.6 on the server
but clients using it are being created with the newer products that include
corbaloc.
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 4:12 AM
To: Peter Rapier
Cc: 'omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com'
Subject: Re: [omniORB] corbaloc

On Thursday 11 January, Peter Rapier wrote:

> I have worked with Orbacus 3, a BOA based orb that contains the "corbaloc"
> feature of the INS.  Would it be possible to port this feature, which is
in
> OO3 back into omniORB2.6?  From looking through the archives it would
appear
> that the INS has some dependency on the POA.  Thanks

There are two aspects to support for corbaloc. On the client side,
string_to_object need to understand the corbaloc and corbaname URI
formats. That bit should be relatively easy to back-port to omniORB
2.6. On the server side, you need to be able to create object keys
with simple string names, like "NameService". That bit would be very
hard to support in omniORB 2.x.

To do the client-side bit, you should look at
include/omniORB3/omniURI.h and src/lib/omniORB2/orbcore/uri.cc, which
is where most of the corbaloc work is done.