[omniORB] OmniOrb 3.0 and "long long"

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:07:33 +0000

On Friday 12 January, erberj@post.ch wrote:

> does OmniOrb support this type?
> The idl compiler translates it, but the ORB Include files seem not to know
> it.

omniORB 3.0.2 does support it, as long as you don't use the -Wba flag
to omniidl. It is only supported on platforms where we know there is
long long support in the C++ compiler. If you have a platform which we
don't know about, you need to edit include/omniORB3/CORBA_sysdep.h and
#define HAS_LongLong and the other long long macros in the section for
your compiler. Recompile everything, and you'll have long long.

If you successfully enable long long for a new platform, please let us
have the patches, and we'll make it part of the next release.